[PD] how to emulate "while" conditional?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Sep 4 08:23:46 CEST 2008

Hallo,
Adityo Pratomo hat gesagt: // Adityo Pratomo wrote:

> yes, but i guess it's used to make a "for", can i iuse it to make a "while"?
> because i don't really want to make a looping.

But "while" is looping, or am I misunderstanding what you want to do?

Anyway [until] is the object to use. What [until] does is after it
receives a bang is this: "send bangs, UNTIL there's a bang in the
right inlet". That's practically the same as "send bangs, WHILE there
is no bang in the right inlet."

[until] used as a "FOR" replacement is started with a float number
into the first inlet.

Ciao