[PD] old and new

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 00:59:25 CEST 2008

hi,
just wanted to post two links. one is a <2min documentation of one of my
school projects from last year http://www.vimeo.com/1673188.

The other one is a work in progress, maybe some people want to comment
on(?). I got intereseted in analyzing Pd patches and later want to
create new patches based on this information using genetic algorithms.
My plan is to store the probabilities of position, connections and breed
and evaluate the created patches (something like that).

I found 37600 pd patches on my hard drive, which gave me roughly one
million objects (989260 to be exact). Plotted the positions of some of
the objects in Gem, showing the local spatialization (in pixels).

For example of the one million objects there are 2882 phasor~ objects,
1062 adc~, 5528 dac~ and 3001 gemwin objects. Just started with data
mining, but guess this will be fun!
http://www.parasitaere-kapazitaeten.net/pd_stats

marius.