[PD] it's alive! pdPod lives again

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Sep 7 21:24:13 CEST 2008

On Sep 7, 2008, at 4:55 AM, simone-www.io-lab.org wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 5:40 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>>
>> http://dev.eyebeam.org/projects/reware/blog/40
>>
>> Despite many things trying to thwart us, Widget has just succeeded in
>> ressurecting pdPod, with help from Marius and me.  This is part of
>> the Reware project, where we are aiming to make simple, easy Pd
>> firmwares for a range of devices like iPods, PDAs, gumstix, etc.
> i happen to have a 4g iPod at home waiting for a better life.. is the
> firmware available? that s the perfect thig to toy around with while
> in the metro..

We don't have anything yet, but we will.  You can try and follow the
ipodlinux.org instructions like we did, but that site is down, so you
have to get it from archive.org

> how many possibilities to get some graphic stuff going on a 5g
> video iPod?

If you mean showing graphics on 5G, yes, it's possible.  Doom runs on
it, for example.  But don't expect much, is a 100Mhz CPU without a
floating point unit or a graphics processor.

.hc