[PD] tcpclient sending more than 1 send at once

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sun Sep 7 18:23:37 CEST 2008

Enrique Erne wrote:
> hi martin and the list
>
> if i send [send 11, send 22, send 33, send 44, send 55(
> to [tcpclient] the [tcpserver] prints
>
> receive: 11 22 33 44 55
>
> actually i expected to get 5 messages back. is this a bug or am i wrong?

It's unanticipated behaviour I guess...it also happens if you send the
values as separate messages with a single bang. If you put a chain of
massages separated by [delay]s you can find the shortest delay that
sends them all separately.
I find that I need a delay of at least 8ms between messages for them to
be transmitted separately. It's up to the implementation of TCP in the
machine to decide when to send a packet. Probably UDP would send them
all individually.

Martin