[PD] tcpclient sending more than 1 send at once

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Tue Sep 9 13:09:41 CEST 2008

Martin Peach wrote:
> The idea is to expand it to fit circumstances as they arise. I hadn't
> really tried OSC over TCP, so I wasn't aware of this problem. I agree it
> needs fixing, I'm just not sure of the best way at the moment. It could
> be simpler to prefix the OSC packet with its length.

That's indeed what is recommended by the OSC specification for
stream-based protocols:

http://www.nabble.com/Questions-wrt--OSC-implementation-details.-td1109673.html

But this makes it more complicated, [packOSC] and [unpackOSC] would need
to know whether the data should be sent or is being received from a
packet-based protocol or a stream-based protocol, to know whether to
prefix the length or not.

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org