[PD] sending OSC bundles. + help files?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Sep 10 00:01:03 CEST 2008

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008, Damian Stewart wrote:

> Olivier Heinry wrote:
>
>> You should use mrpeach's objects for bundles and OSC in a general
>> mamner. They are in pd-extended as well as in subversion.
>
> i just watched yet another pd newbie struggle and have lots of pain trying
> to do a very simple thing with pd.
>
> on osx 0.40-3-extended, mrpeach is not in the default library loading setup
> - you need to manually edit the library loading preferences to actually be
> able to use the mrpeach objects. which is asking far too much of a newbie.

Yes, the library stuff is a mess.  I spent a good deal of time working on
import/declare stuff for the 0.40.3-extended release, and for the next
release, I plan on spending more time on it.  To me, having a library
format that is easy to use and install is the top priority right now.

What particularly was the problem?  Did you try using import or declare?

.hc