[PD] sending OSC bundles. + help files?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Sep 10 20:55:16 CEST 2008

On Sep 9, 2008, at 7:54 PM, Damian Stewart wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> Yes, the library stuff is a mess.  I spent a good deal of time
>> working on import/declare stuff for the 0.40.3-extended release,
>> and for the next release, I plan on spending more time on it.  To
>> me, having a library format that is easy to use and install is the
>> top priority right now.
>> What particularly was the problem?  Did you try using import or
>> declare?
>
> i don't know - i haven't kept up with the development of the import/
> declare/library mechanism, i just use a copy of pd-vanilla with a
> custom .pdrc file pointing to an external directory of stuff.
>
> to make it go we just added mrpeach to the startup lib preferences...

The idea is to embed the library settings into the patch.  In
Pd-0.40.3-extended, if you added this to the patch, it would work for
any Pd-0.40.3-extended install:

[import mrpeach]

Or could use Miller's declare, but I don't remember what the state of
the declare bugs were in 0.41.4.  It would be something like:

[declare -lib mrpeach]

or maybe

[declare -stdpath extra/mrpeach]

> --
> damian stewart | +31 6 5902 5782 |  damian at frey.co.nz
> frey | live art with machines | http://www.frey.co.nz

----

Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is
related to the telescope.      -Edsger Dykstra