[PD] netpd

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sun Sep 14 16:24:26 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 21:56 -0500, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I just recently discovered netpd, which is frigging AWESOME for those
> of us newbies that can't program PD very well just yet.  However, I
> have a problem - when I open up _chat.pd, it's looking for people on
> my own LAN.  Can I jam with folks across the internet?  Is there a
> main server or servers that I can connect to?  And if so, can you
> point me to the RTFM on that?

hi josh

nice to hear that you're willing to try netpd. currently it's not
frequently used and i currently don't have internet at home, which makes
the situation even worse. i hope i will be able to help to get more
activity on it soon.

max already answered most of your questions. _chat.pd does automatically
try to connect to the 'official' netpd-server on netpd.org on port 3025
on start-up. if you heard the login pling sound, then you were connected
to server correctly, but most likely you were the only one around
(sadly). and yeah, of course you can jam with people across the
internet.

rtfm:
there is no manual as such (yet), all the info available is on the wiki
on http://www.netpd.org.  i suppose, you read the 'about' and its
subpages. the easiest way to get an introduction into netpd is finding
someone else, who interactively shows you how to use it.

yo.. have fun and hopefully see you soon there...

romna