[PD] some naming conventions

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Sep 14 18:40:39 CEST 2008

Derek Holzer wrote:
> In the Pure Data FLOSS Manual, there are a naming couple conventions
> that I'm still uncertain about using there:
>
> 1) audio object vs [dataflow/message/non-audio/data/numeric] object

i would go for "message" object.
"numeric" is wrong most of the time, "non-audio" seems clumsy, "data" is
equally true for audio-objects as is "dataflow".

> 2) edit mode vs [play/perform/performance/non-edit] mode

personally is us "run" mode mostly.
"play" is a bit non-interactive; non-edit is so negative; perform(ance)
implies a performance boost rather than a different type of interaction.

gfam,drs
IOhannes