[PD] pd-extended nightlies and Ubuntu Intrepid

Chris Wenn christopher.wenn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 12:16:55 CEST 2008

I'm testing Ubuntu Intrepid (to support my firewire chipset), and
attempting to install

Pd-0.40.3-extended-20080914-ubuntu-hardy-i386.deb; or
Pd-0.42.0-extended-20080914-ubuntu-hardy-i386.deb

produces dependency conflicts - Pd-extended wants to install liblame0
which conflicts with libmp3lame0 (and thus just about every video
application in Ubuntu, for some reason)

# sudo apt-get install liblame0
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
required:
  libtwolame0 libdc1394-13 mplayer-skins libsvga1 libglide2 libdvbpsi4
  libggi-target-x libxosd2 libenca0 libggi2 libgii1 libgii1-target-x
  libiso9660-5 libvcdinfo0 libebml0 libmatroska0
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  blender dvgrab ffmpeg ffmpeg2theora gsopcast gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg
  gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse
  gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse-dbg
  gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly-multiverse
  gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly-multiverse-dbg libavcodec51 libavdevice52
  libavformat52 libmjpegtools0c2a libmp3lame0 libquicktime1 libsynfig0
  libsynfigapp0 libvlc0 libxine1-all-plugins libxine1-ffmpeg
libxine1-plugins
  mplayer openmovieeditor synfigstudio ubuntustudio-graphics
  ubuntustudio-video vlc vlc-nox vlc-plugin-pulse
  liblame0
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 30 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 185kB of archives.
After this operation, 78.9MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

Not sure if I should be reporting this here - if anyone can point me in
the right direction I'd be grateful.

Chris