[PD] hid mouse repeats wheel and relative position events infinitely?

Martin Schied crinimal at gmx.net
Tue Sep 16 03:43:26 CEST 2008

Hello out there...

I'm using 'hid' from 0.40.3-extended in ubuntu hardy. After opening the
mouse device everything seems to be fine at first (all number boxes in
the example patch change on clicks and wheel-moves as expected), but
when I'm trying to use mouse-wheel or relative position I was little
surprised that those events are beeing repeated until I send a 0 or
close Mesage to the hid object. Like this i can get single events out of
it, but i don't think that's a good idea, closing and reopening the
device all the time.

I tried a new Logitech RX1000 and an older optical Logitech USB Mouse
without differences. I'll try a PS/2 Mouse later...

example-patch attached.

[hid] 0.7, written by Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>
    compiled on Jul 29 2008 at 08:31:09

Martin