[PD] receive from multiple symbols in an external (using pd_bind)

Jacob Lee artdent at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 04:49:03 CEST 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Thomas Grill <gr at grrrr.org> wrote:

> There are both skeletons of build systems for autotools and scons but since
> i personally don't need it and obviously noone wants to help me with it, it
> will probably not be finished shortly. I don't find the flext build system
> scary, it's just different. Compared to how many workarounds i have to
> invent to support autotools under all platforms it's actually a pleasure to
> work with.
> gr~~~

If you post your SConstruct files into subversion, I'll try to see if
I can help. Theoretically, all that needs to be asked of the user is:
- where to install to (perhaps with a default of /usr/local/lib/pd)
- where the pd source is located -- and this only if a program needs
more than m_pd.h (or if m_pd.h is not in one of the standard
locations)

I realize, of course, that this is far easier to state than to do :-).
And having to support myriad platforms only makes it harder. But I
think it's extremely worthwhile to reduce as much as possible the
number of questions asked of the user (e.g. where is sndobj.h? I
dunno, it's wherever the debian package puts it, and it's always nice
when configure scripts can find it unprompted.)

--
Jacob Lee
artdent at gmail.com