[PD] pd-extended nightlies and Ubuntu Intrepid

Chris Wenn christopher.wenn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 13:00:50 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 11:35 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> You are the Intrepid tester, I guess ;)  Looks like they changed this
> library name in Intrepid from Hardy.  I think you need to do
> something with dpkg --force-depends.  Check the archives, people had
> to do this with Hardy too.
>
> Sometimes I think Ubuntu moves a bit too fast...
>
> .hc

I think libmp3lame0 (which is meant to replace liblame0) now conflicts
with liblame0 without 'providing' it (squibbly Debian packaging
explanation goes here)

Setting --force-depends seems to break everything, as apt now
understands conflicts set up in dpkg - installing Pd-extended using
--force-depends means that I can no longer update or install other
packages.

As I understand it, libmp3lame is a drop-in replacement for liblame, so
either the Provides: liblame0 flag needs to be set in libmp3lame0 or
Pd-extended should be compiled against the newer package. But I am by no
means an Ubuntu or Debian maintainer!

Chris