[PD] [PD-announce] new polyphonic granular synthesizer for Pd

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Sep 18 18:18:41 CEST 2008

Hallo,
Phil Stone hat gesagt: // Phil Stone wrote:

> That's an intriguing idea.  I *do* like the pattern matching, but it's
> not necessary at the interior level of the synthesizers.  I wonder what
> the performance differences are, if any, between [routeOSC] and [route]?

I guess, route may even be a bit faster as it just compares symbols and
doesn't have to split any strings, but it's probably negligible.

> It's tempting, because with your recent work towards a vanilla-ready
> filter, it's getting more likely that [svf~] could be replaced with
> something non-external, and then my synthesizers could be completely
> external-free.

I found some diagrams on the web for the svf filter e.g.
http://www.earlevel.com/Digitalir%20Audio/StateVar.html so maybe with
some tweaking a simple svf could be made with pure Pd, too.

(You know, Damian and I and others are on a "Pure Pd" trip ATM, as the
Pd in the RJDJ project for smartphones - iPhone only ATM - doesn't load
externals. It's also a great exercise.)

Ciao
--
Frank