[PD] firmata sporadic at enabling analog ins?

Spencer Russell spencer.f.russell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 01:25:50 CEST 2008

I've got an arduino with 5 capacitive distance sensors plugged into the
analog ins. I just flashed the newest firmata-standard, and now things
aren't working as expected.

the first thing I do is connect to /dev/ttyUSB0, which works fine. Then I
send the messages

[analogIns 0 1(

[analogIns 1, 1(

etc...

to the arduino object. The funny thing is that any given input only seems to
turn on about 1 in 4 times I send the message. Once it's on PD receives the
data like a champ. I tried adding delay between connecting via serial and
turning on the inputs, but it didn't seem to help even when adding a 2
second delay after the connection, and 500ms delay between turning on each
input.

thanks,
spencer