[PD] Hans - window_name FR

Luke Iannini lukexipd at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 02:47:49 CEST 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Luke Iannini <lukexipd at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:

> Okee - I whipped my first request up today: canvas_name and
> window_name can now access their parents.  I shamelessly copied the
> code from iemguts : ).  Forgot to add credit, will do before I commit.
>  Hans, is it alright if I just commit the changes?  I attached the
> diffs and Intel Mac compiled versions of both if you want to try it
> out.
>
> I'm going to try to do the subpatch-name version now; do either of you
> have any tips on how to get the canvas/window from a symbol like
> "pd-$0.mysubpatch"?
Alright, I figured this out by looking at the tot sourcecode, so now
my new question:
How do I let [window_name] and [canvas_name] accept either a float or
a symbol, looking up parents in the case of a float and looking up a
remote window in the case of a symbol?

Attached is the symbol-taking remote window version.
Cheers
Luke