[PD] [PD-announce] VJam Theory

brendan byrne byrne.brendan2 at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 21 19:06:43 CEST 2008

++ Updates from VJ Theory project ++

VJ Theory.net intends to develop a community actively discussing and
reflecting on philosophy and theory related with Vjing, performed media and
realtime interaction.

1- VJAM THEORY

At last the book *VJam Theory: Collective Writings on Realtime Visual
Performance* is ready and available for purchase. For those of you who don't
know, the book is the outcome of our third experiment in collective
theoretical writing, *VJam Theory*. You will find on the website the
necessary information to buy the book online:
http://www.vjtheory.net/realtime_books/vjam_theory.htm

The original transcript will continue to be available at VJ Theory website
for free: http://www.vjtheory.net/vjamtheory.html

2- UPCOMING PUBLICATIONS ON THE WEBSITE

VJ Theory will be publishing new texts online on a monthly basis, through a
period between October 2008 and March 2009. At the end of this period,
realtime books will publish a print version of these texts (as many people
have requested).  We are also attempting to make the site less
Anglo-Americocentric. We will be publishing non English versions of the
texts (whenever possible), in order to make the site multilingual. Should
you have a text that you would like us to publish please get in touch. If
anyone would like to translate some work we would also like to hear from
you.

Our email address: vjtheory at yahoo.co.uk

3- MAILING LIST

We are also establishing a mailing list. Instructions on subscribing are
available on the first page of VJ Theory web site (http://www.vjtheory.net).

 In this way you will be kept up to date on new work appearing online,
events and discussions on and off line.

As usual, should you have any suggestions for projects or essays you would
like us to publish then please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Best Regards,

Ana and Brendan

--

Brendan Byrne