[PD] Gem video examples change my capture card settings

eccn eccn at spherica.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 21 19:04:31 CEST 2008

(Hope this doesn't duplicate -- didn't seem to get posted)

I just discovered pd-extended, and am now playing with live video via a
PCI capture card. Very happy!

But can anyone tell me why running any of the Gem video examples seems
to change my video capture card's mode to some non-PAL setting? (My
camera is PAL). Can I specify this as a default setting somehow?

The OS here is Linux Ubuntu Studio (Hardy). I have a generic BT878-based
tuner/capture card, which reports as follows after typing 'lspci':

00:0e.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video
Capture (rev 02)

00:0e.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture
(rev 02)

Many thanks in advance.

Matt Rhys-Roberts
NE Wales, UK