[PD] Trying to compile latest extended on 64-bit (K)Ubuntu

Darren Landrum darren.landrum at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 22 00:44:00 CEST 2008

Hello, all! I'm trying to compile the latest extended (0.40.3) on my
64-bit Kubuntu system. I went through the following process:

cd pd/src
autoconf configure-in > configure

Theoretically, that made the configure script. All seems well until:

-----
checking tcl8.7/tcl.h usability... no
checking tcl8.7/tcl.h presence... no
checking for tcl8.7/tcl.h... no
checking tcl8.6/tcl.h usability... no
checking tcl8.6/tcl.h presence... no
checking for tcl8.6/tcl.h... no
checking tcl8.5/tcl.h usability... no
checking tcl8.5/tcl.h presence... no
checking for tcl8.5/tcl.h... no
checking tcl8.4/tcl.h usability... yes
checking tcl8.4/tcl.h presence... yes
checking for tcl8.4/tcl.h... yes
checking for main in -ltcl85... no
checking for main in -ltcl8.5... no
checking for main in -ltcl84... no
checking for main in -ltcl8.4... yes
checking for main in -ltk85... no
checking for main in -ltk8.5... no
checking for main in -ltk84... no
checking for main in -ltk8.4... yes
.................... alsa= yes
checking for snd_pcm_info in -lasound... yes
MORECFLAGS --------------- -O6 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... no
./configure: line 8298: syntax error near unexpected token `SINF,'
./configure: line 8298: `AST_EXT_LIB_CHECK(SINF,   m, sinf)'
-----

I don't know enough about the build scripts to figure out where the
syntax error is and how to correct it. If anyone can help me out, I'd
greatly appreciate it. Also, if anyone can help me with how to package
this whole thing up, maybe the 64-bit version could be offered up along
with all of the others.

Thank you for the help!

Regards,
Darren Landrum