[PD] Pd.exe has stopped working (newbie in trouble - PD crashing on vista)

Cormac Crawley cormaccrawley at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 00:19:51 CEST 2008

Hi folks,

I'm new to the mailing list and relatively new to PD.
I have an unknown problem with my system which causes PD to randomly crash
and windows gives me the error (as in subject).
Quite often, it is when I have audio switched on which leads me to believe
it might be my soundcard.
Other times, it even happens when I perform a really simple task like
opening a helpfile on an object.

I have tried using the latest versions of PD extended, and have tried
rolling back to prior versions.
I have also tried increasing the audio delay anything upto 1024msecs note:
audio will clip if I leave delay to default of 70; again maybe points to
soundcard.

I'm running Vista (I have turned of most unnecessary vista services) on a
sony vaio with 2G ram centrino duo processor.

Does anyone else have this problem on Vista?

Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Cormac