[PD] Trying to compile latest extended on 64-bit (K)Ubuntu

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Sep 23 12:16:36 CEST 2008

On Sep 22, 2008, at 11:32 PM, Darren Landrum wrote:

> Roman Haefeli wrote:
>> i doubt, that it could be called a 'great idea', but why does it
>> need to
>> be pd-extended, if you're going to compile it anyway yourself? why
>> don't
>> you just compile pd and those libraries, that you really need?
>
> Well, I'm a complete newbie to Pd and really have no idea what stuff
> I'll need, so I wanted to start from the same baseline as most of
> everyone else. Besides, I've already tried compiling the latest
> vanilla
> source, and I kept running into completely different problems. I'll
> give
> it one more shot, though, before re-installing 32-bit Kubuntu.

Also, building the stuff manually will only benefit him, while
working to get 64-bit Pd-extended builds will benefit everyone who
wants a native 64-bit build of Pd-extended.

If you are missing anything going forward, check this page to make
sure you have all of these packages installed.   I think the packages
should all be the same for 64-bit Kubuntu as the 32-bit version:

http://puredata.info/docs/developer/Debian

.hc