[PD] file association on gnome

patco pat at mamalala.org
Tue Sep 23 17:02:04 CEST 2008

 hi,
 thank you for those informations,
 I had to build manually pd-extended.xml by analysing the other xml
files, here is the result:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mime-info
xmlns='http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/shared-mime-info'>
	<mime-type type="application/pd-extended">
		<sub-class-of type="text/plain"/>
		<comment>PureData patch file</comment>
		<glob pattern="*.pd"/>
                <magic priority="99">
                  <match value="#N canvas " type="string" offset="0"/>
                </magic>
	</mime-type>
</mime-info>

after updating mime, gnome don't reconize any application to open .pd
files with anymore, I guess I've donne something wrong, but it's not
easy to figure this out,

please could you provide or tell where it's possible to find
mime_pd-extended.xml file?