[PD] auto launch IAC driver on startup

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 04:56:38 CEST 2008

>> I use  IAC driver for routing midi out of pure data (pd ext
>> other software.
>> Is there a way to automatically load a patch with this specific midi
>> driver ( so i don't have to choose it manually from the
>> preferences ) ?
>> I remember doing something similar with MidiYoke on a pc.
>> I 'd like to do the same on a Mac with IAC driver ,
>>  i've tried to add a line in the org.puredata.pd.plist  file
>>  midioutdev  IAC Driver: Bus 1

put

-mididev 2
    (or whatever number refers to the IAC device on your setup)

into the startup flags in the preferences, or on the CL if you use that

if you want a list of the device numbers you can put

-listdev

into the startup flags and you will see a list of the available audio
and midi devices in the Pd window

simon