[PD] [iir] doesn't handle nan, -inf, inf and very small numbers well

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Sep 29 19:25:22 CEST 2008

Pix and I are here working in AVLAB using [iir] for filtering data
from [wiimote]. It turns out that [iir] gets stuck at inf or -inf if
it receives one.  This makes sense in a math sense, but not in a Pd/
practical sense.

We are thinking that [iir] should filter out -inf, inf, and perhaps
nan as well.  Seems like they would be useful objects for other
things too.  Something like:

- filter nan        [no_nan]
- filter inf/-inf   [no_inf]

----

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom