[PD] [polywavesynth] and [polygrainsynth] bug fix

Phil Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Thu Oct 2 06:53:06 CEST 2008

Hi again,

If you use either of these synthesizers, please grab the latest.  The
previous versions moved "gain" to a global parameter.  I should have
known better; this causes glitches in already-sounding notes when
presets change.  I had a similar problem last year with [polywavesynth],
but forgot about it.

This is the tradeoff to using [poly] to manage voices; if you want the
ability to change presets cleanly, most parameters (i.e., those stored
to make up the preset) can only be changed on new attacks.  I haven't
thought of a way around this conundrum yet.

At any rate, the latest versions fix this issue.  Sorry for any
inconvenience.

This leads to the web pages and download links for both synthesizers:
http://www.pkstonemusic.com/pd_code.html

Phil Stone
http://www.pkstonemusic.com