[PD] [shell] mount USB drive - howto ?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Oct 2 18:45:56 CEST 2008

Hallo,
Ingo Scherzinger hat gesagt: // Ingo Scherzinger wrote:

> Can anybody help me to mount an USB-Stick on Linux with a -nogui patch?
>
> I've found [shell] which looks like it should do the trick. However I'm not
> too much of a Linux Console guy.
>
> I need to be able to save patch data on a stick that is to be mounted after
> pd has started.

Will it always be the same stick? Then it's probably easier to set up
automatic mounting similar to the procedure described here:
and in a lot of other places search engines can find for you.

In the directory /dev/disk/ you will find various subdirectories which
will get filled with device files for your stick. Personally I like the
/dev/disk/by-id/ format most. For example my MP3-Player shows up there
as:

/dev/disk/by-id/usb-Meizu_MiniPlayer_0000000000000

To mount it just use:

$ mount -t vfat /dev/disk/by-id/usb-Meizu_MiniPlayer_0000000000000 /media/stick

or similar.

Ciao
--
Frank