[PD] [shell] mount USB drive - howto ?

Ingo Scherzinger ingo at miamiwave.com
Fri Oct 3 13:00:44 CEST 2008

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll check that out, too.

However these are always different USB-Sticks in order to exchange patch
data.

So what I did was use [shell]:

First create an empty directory "usb" in the root folder and then

[mount /dev/sdb1 /usb(

[shell]

That does the trick. "Unmount" doesn't work this way, however.

For some reason [shell] doesn't seem to accept all possible/needed commands.

I'll try some other commands like "kill" or something similar.

Ingo

>Hallo,

>Ingo Scherzinger hat gesagt: // Ingo Scherzinger wrote:

>> Can anybody help me to mount an USB-Stick on Linux with a -nogui patch?

>> I've found [shell] which looks like it should do the trick. However I'm
not

>> too much of a Linux Console guy.

>> I need to be able to save patch data on a stick that is to be mounted
after

>> pd has started.

>Will it always be the same stick? Then it's probably easier to set up

>automatic mounting similar to the procedure described here:

> <http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/127>

>and in a lot of other places search engines can find for you.

>In the directory /dev/disk/ you will find various subdirectories which

>will get filled with device files for your stick. Personally I like the

>/dev/disk/by-id/ format most. For example my MP3-Player shows up there

>as:

>/dev/disk/by-id/usb-Meizu_MiniPlayer_0000000000000

>To mount it just use:

>$ mount -t vfat /dev/disk/by-id/usb-Meizu_MiniPlayer_0000000000000
/media/stick