[PD] 6 speakers in a circle, ambi? vbap?

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Mon Oct 6 12:33:37 CEST 2008

one more thing:
If you want to position your virtual sound sources _inside_ the
circle of speakers i am not sure if this is possible with ambisonics
at all - and it's also difficult for VBAP depending on the
triangulation it uses... you might want to check or manually specify it.
In such a case I personally would want to have some center speakers
and would have two VBAP-driven rings (in the middle and on the
periphery) between which i would do conventional panning.
I once used that i the case of a planetarium where the audience is
situated in a ring between the center and the circular wall. I had 3
center speakers facing to the wall, 5 peripheral speakers facing to
the center and two subwoofers.
all the best, Thomas