[PD] tap into delay line

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Oct 9 15:28:12 CEST 2008

Hallo,
Sebastian Schlecht hat gesagt: // Sebastian Schlecht wrote:

> I want to write into a delay line and NOT at the beginning like
> delwrite~. For example:
>
> delay line length is 200 ms.  I want to write an audio signal at 50
> ms, 100 ms and 150 ms without using 4 delay lines, because it has to
> be dynamic.
>
> Do you have an idea to implement this?

I don't think it's possible to directly write delayed signals into a
delwrite~ without an additional delay. However as in Pd delwrite~ and
delread~/vd~ are separate objects, why not write the signal into a
single delwrite~ at the beginning and adjust your delread~s with
growing delay times? E.g.  like this:

  [delwrite~ DEL 5000]

  [0\

  [s DELTIME]