[PD] pdpedia instability

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Oct 10 20:10:55 CEST 2008

On Sep 30, 2008, at 1:26 PM, glerm soares wrote:

> 2008/9/23 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>
>
> Yeah, it turns out that Poly isn't really working as a host anymore
> and I haven't had any time to finish fixing it.  If someone can
> host it, I can help them get it all setup.  Ideally it would be a
> Debian box.  Currently its on a Mac OS X box, and as we all can
> see, that hasn't turned out so well.  The upgrade to Leopard killed
> it, now Apple's crazy apache setup and GUI tools are broken.
>
> .hc
>

> We could host the wiki in Descentro Server... (http://
> www.descentro.org/)
>
> It's a cyberactivist group that also hosts other important
> colectives and projects of Brazil such as Midiatatica,
> Metareciclagem, Submidialogia and Orquestra Organismo.
>
> I help to take care of this server, and already talked to the other
> admins...the PDpedia wiki is very welcome.
>
> The machine is a Slackware linux, runing apache2, php and modpython...
>
> If everybody envolved agree we could migrate as soon as possible...

Hey,

Sorry I haven't responded to this before, I was waiting until I had
something concrete to announce.  The Zürich College of the Arts
(ZHDK) has offered to host it, as organized by Olsen Wolf.  They are
in the process of setting it up.  I figure they have a full time
staff devoted to maintaining such things, and they are committed to
free software, so it seemed a like a good home for it.

Thanks for your offer, I was very happy to hear that at least 3
people stepped up with real offers to host pdpedia.  If ZHDK doesn't
work out, I'll be knocking on your door ;)

.hc

> ok?
>
> cheers
>
> glerm

----

Mistrust authority - promote decentralization.  - the hacker ethic