[PD] [PD-announce] Open source your mobile devices, Oct 14th @ Eyebeam

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Oct 11 02:11:40 CEST 2008

On Oct 10, 2008, at 3:57 PM, Gunter Geiger wrote:

> On Oct 10, 2008, at 8:16 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>

>> Hey all, if you are near NYC, come join us in putting Pd on old PDAs
>> and iPods:
>
> Are you going to install Pd or PDa ?
> If its PDa, then I would be grateful if you can report the experience
> you had while
> installing it. One of the biggest obstacles for PDa is still the way
> all those linux
> distros differ from each other.

PDa, of course.  I've been making a lot of builds using
OpenEmbedded.  I am working on a custom OpenEmbedded image/distro
based on Angstrom.  So far I have it running on iPAQs and Palms.
Others should be possible.  I should have some test releases soon.

I have also made some test builds for Maemo and OpenMoko.  I suppose
I should throw them somewhere if anyone wants to try them.

.hc