[PD] Building Externals

Alex x37v.alex at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 18:33:05 CEST 2008

Can someone tell me how to build the new svn externals?
I downloaded from the svn:
https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/externals

I run make mrpeach [I'm only worried about this external at this time]
and I get:

09:20:13 $ make mrpeach
Makefile:27: /packages/Makefile.buildlayout: No such file or directory
grep: /sigpack/source/sIgpAck.c: No such file or directory
grep: /zexy/src/zexy.h: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/packages/Makefile.buildlayout'.  Stop.

The README says to go here:
http://puredata.org/docs/developer/

And there I see some information about "Directory Layout for
Developers" (but about the old cvs repo) and some other stuff, but no
info about how to simply build the externals using make.  Is there no
step-by-step list of instructions?

It seems to me that in an effort to make things 'easy' and
'centralized' this has actually become more complicated and less easy.
 It would be easier for me if I could just dl the externals I want,
and run 'make' in their respective directories [maybe editing the
destination path before I do that].  A larger build script could
simply export some environment variable(s) to set global defaults for
these paths [if a sane, standard makefile is given to all developers
to work from].  Maybe I'm missing some vital information though?

-Alex