[PD] Building Externals

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Oct 11 22:55:53 CEST 2008

On Oct 11, 2008, at 1:43 PM, carmen r wrote:

> btw why is additionally depending on ../packages/ and ../build/
> and ../scripts/ good?
>
> this change bugged me ever since it occured but i refrained from
> mentioning, since at least someone was motivated to work on
> maintenance
>
> imo /externals should be self-sufficient, like it always was
>
> you can no longer move it around and expect it to build...

'externals' cannot be self-sufficient since it will always depend on
the headers in 'pd'.

Most of this organization is bourne of the fact that only Miller can
modify the 'pd' section.

----

"It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we
don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
Environmentalism", by Curtis White