[PD] Building Externals

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Oct 13 13:20:34 CEST 2008

carmen r wrote:
>> 'externals' cannot be self-sufficient since it will always depend on the
>> headers in 'pd'.
>
> the existing scripts were smart enough to find m_pd.h (and the other headers) alonside externals/, or its parent directory
>
> see miXed/ it still works that way
>

> the issue is you introduced dependencies on several new toplevel dirs for no good reason
>

> and broke up the modularity of the makefiles

this has basically been my arguing for ages.

i would very much like to revamp the entire build-system, but haven't
had the time to do it.
if several people are interested in doing so we could form a taskforce
and just do it.

> oh well, unsubscribing. have fun in your broken paradise

oh well, your zeal was shortlived then....
let me know if you are still interested in making a better world.

fgmasdr
IOhannes