[PD] 'argument number out of range' error in Miller Puckette's example patches

Lao Yu noise.now at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 11:42:16 CEST 2008

Hi,

I can't resolve this - in the example patch folder 2.control.examples
the example 10.more.messages has to the lower right a message

;
number9 $1;
9bis $2

which generates the above message when activated. the other examples
with $1 and $2 in the same patch, for instance just before the
[print] object work fine. I wouldn't see anything wrong in the example.
The same error is generated in example 13.locality in the same folder
(upon opening the example). I'm aware that this example is a
different case because the $ sign is used in an object whereas in the
previous example it is in a message box. However it may be the same
error?

Best
Jurgen