[PD] [PD-announce] Open source your mobile devices, Oct 14th @ Eyebeam

Spencer Russell spencer.f.russell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 13:42:31 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 8:11 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:

> On Oct 10, 2008, at 3:57 PM, Gunter Geiger wrote:
>

>> Are you going to install Pd or PDa ?
>
> PDa, of course.  I've been making a lot of builds using
> OpenEmbedded.  I am working on a custom OpenEmbedded image/distro
> based on Angstrom.  So far I have it running on iPAQs and Palms.
> Others should be possible.  I should have some test releases soon.
>
> I have also made some test builds for Maemo and OpenMoko.  I suppose
> I should throw them somewhere if anyone wants to try them.>>
>> On Oct 10, 2008, at 8:16 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>

>>> Hey all, if you are near NYC, come join us in putting Pd on old PDAs
>>> and iPods:
>
> .hc

I've been working with OpenEmbedded recently too, on the Beagle Board
(TI's poor-man's EVM for the OMAP3530 processor) I compiled PDa on the
box, but it runs reeeeally slowly, and I haven't figured out why.
Lately i've been getting the OpenEmbedded cross-compilation
environment all set up and I'm figuring out how to create a custom
embedded distro, so I'd love some more info on what you're doing,
Hans.

Also, OMAP has an FPU, so perhaps I could get full PD compiled. I'll
keep people posted.

-spencer