[PD] Help with compressor/limiter abstraction

Gunter Geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Oct 15 17:56:44 CEST 2008

Frank,

I attach a simple compressor that I made, it is doing most of its
calculations
in dB. This one doesn't have the nonlinear compression below the
threshold as yours and for simplicity I left out the delay, also
the attack and decay calculations are simplified. I use it for teaching,
so I
think the calculations for the compression factor are pretty clear and
intuitive.

Günter