[PD] pix_record and long periods of inactivity

Tim Boykett tim at timesup.org
Fri Oct 17 09:09:48 CEST 2008

Hi All,

   another strange property of pix_record. I have been using it to
record
small clips fine, but now that I have started looking at better
quality recording, especially the DV_PAL codec, I have found that I get
some problems, I think related to "auto" usage.

the simplest form is: Turn on, wait 60 seconds, record 50 frames (2
seconds)
of material, save.

Then I get a video that has the first frame still for 60 seconds, then
the next two seconds in full frame rate. I only want the important 2
seconds.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Cheers,

tim