[PD] PD on Iphone/Palm, etc.

Nicholas Mariette nicholas.mariette at limsi.fr
Fri Oct 17 11:32:04 CEST 2008

hi JN,

I appreciate this sentiment.
(& I've been a little involved with the RJDJ project as well, though I
don't own an iPhone and even my iPod mini is many generations old now,
but still does its job well).

In some senses, the wealth argument is a slippery slope - and any of
us with a laptop or even a decent desktop are much more wealthy than
the majority of the world.

But rather than debate this, I'd like to point out the positives:

- The RJDJ project has actually injected quite a bit of new energy
into making Pure Pd abstractions.
& Pure Pd is useful to everybody, and probably very useful to a
project to get Pd onto OLPC.

- Also, RJDJ ultimately want to work with other suitable mobile
devices as well.

I am interested in the PD on OLPC idea, and I'm in France (though I'm
busy this month) - so I'll contact you and see if I could help.
(although my linux skills are not as deep as many, so if more capable
people can contribute first that's great)

Nicholas Mariette
---
http://soundsorange.net