[PD] pix_contrast eats up cpu power

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sat Oct 18 10:56:52 CEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 18:25 +0200, cyrille henry wrote:
> use shader!
> you'll have to make your own shader, but adjusting color saturation is quite easy.
> see gem documentation/10.glsl/01.simple_texture

it doesn't seem to work on my box. no matter, what shader i load, the
texture looks the same. when i click on one of the shader loaders, i get
the following messages:

[pix_texture]: using mode 0: TEXTURE_2D
linking: link 5.60519e-45 4.2039e-45
linking: link 5.60519e-45 7.00649e-45

and

[pix_texture]: using mode 1: TEXTURE_RECTANGLE
linking: link 2.8026e-45 7.00649e-45
linking: link 2.8026e-45 4.2039e-45

no change in the picture whatsoever.

also the ID number is out of the range in order to be represented
properly:

2.8026e-45

i remember there was a discussion once about this on the gem-dev list.
is there a fix for that?

i am on ubuntu hardy with an nvidia Quadro NVS 140M and i very much
hoped, that i have now opengl 2.x.  glxinfo:

OpenGL version string: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 169.12

do you think, shader stuff is supposed to work on my box? if so, what
can i do to make it work?

thanks
roman