[PD] [PD-announce] Debian/Ubuntu apt repository for Pd-extended

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Oct 18 22:06:15 CEST 2008

You could just use the 'testing' repository, it very close to 'sid'.
You can skip the 'make patch' part.  Just do this and you should end
up with a .deb

cd pure-data/packages/linux_make
make install && make package

.hc

On Oct 17, 2008, at 10:49 PM, Ben Lau wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> However, I can not build a Debian package using the Pd-extended source
> from the URL with commands:
>
> cd externals; dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc
>
> The build process stop at clean stage. I am trying to modify the
> externals/debian/rules , but seem that it need to change a lot of
> files in order to get it work. (e.g missing makefile.pd-linux)
>
> The source is already patched with the instruction from :
> http://puredata.info/docs/developer/Debian
>
> Any instruction to build pd-extended Debian package?
>
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>>
>> http://puredata.info/downloads
>>
>> .hc
>>

>> On Oct 16, 2008, at 5:02 AM, Ben Lau wrote:
>>
>>> It is great! Thanks a lot!
>>>
>>> By the way , may I have the source of the package? Because I am
>>> using
>>> Debain SID where the dependence can not be met , I would like to
>>> build
>>> it for Debian SID by myself.
>>>
>>> On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 5:57 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
>>> <hans at eds.org>

>> -------
>>
>> "[W]e have invented the technology to eliminate scarcity, but we are
>> deliberately throwing it away to benefit those who profit from
>> scarcity."
>>      -John Gilmore

----

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a
more direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in
practice, it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith