[PD] 'pure' pd DSP abstractions wanted!

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Sun Oct 19 21:19:41 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 08:42:29AM +0100, Jamie Bullock wrote:
> I'm looking self-contained DSP abstractions that only use Pd - no
> externals. Things like reverbs, different types of filters, delays, a
> pitch shifter, harmonizer -- a kind of basic 'FX' toolbox.
>
> I'm thinking very much along the lines pdmtl/fx.* but without the
> external dependencies.
>
> Thoughts I've had so far:
>
> - Pull stuff out of the Pd help patches
> - Pull stuff out of the list archives
> - Remove the dependency requirements from pdmtl/fx.*
>
> But, maybe someone has a nice 'set' of such abstractions sitting on
> their hard drive, that they wouldn't mind releasing into the public
> domain -- or under some permissive license.

Hi Jamie,

This has been sitting in my inbox for ages, sorry I never replied to it.
My s-abstractions collection is just such a set of abstractions that you
describe, with no external dependencies. Much of it was made by stealing
Miller's help patches and turning them into nice little guis, and lots
of other people's work too. I'm trying to bulk it up a bit at the moment
with the great plate reverb that Anton Hornquist posted here a while
back, and then I'm going to try and make a good, intuitive compressor
after that. If you do a pitch shifter or harmonizer, please let me know
so I can steal them for my collection, with your consent obviously! :)

http://mccormick.cx/projects/s-abstractions

After I get back to London next week I'm going to try and tidy the
collection up a bit and get the latest version into pd-extended. I think
the version that is in there at the moment is pretty outdated.

Chris.