[PD] 'pure' pd DSP abstractions wanted!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Oct 20 07:22:22 CEST 2008

On Aug 31, 2008, at 10:08 AM, Mitchell Turner wrote:

> Jamie,
> Here are two abstractions that may be useful to people.  The first
> allows easy communication between the ReMOTE ZERO SL by Novation
> and Pd.  I've included the abstraction plus a file called
> PureData.syx which must be up loaded to the ReMOTE ZERO (the file
> tells the ReMOTE ZERO which CCs to assign to each button or dial).
>
> The other abstraction allows one to use the Roland GR-33 as a
> flexible MIDI foot pedal with Pd.  The four pedals of the GR-33
> normally send program changes only (at least as far as I could
> tell).  I've simply remapped the program change messages to trigger
> bang objects.    Similarly, the Expression Pedal sends CC1, CC4, or
> CC7.  I've routed these CCs to a single number box.
>
> The CC-SA license seems to make the most sense for both of these
> abstractions.

Actually any of the CC licenses are bad for software, and really in
general, IMHO.  They are not compatible with the Debian Free Software
Guidelines, and every single one has an really vague attribution
clause that should be avoided.

If you want to know more, check out my essay Copyright Is For Copying
in the new book:

http://goto10.org/flossart/

I don't know if the digital version is up there yet.

.hc