[PD] 'pure' pd DSP abstractions wanted!

Jamie Bullock James.Bullock at bcu.ac.uk
Mon Oct 20 14:48:41 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 03:19 +0800, Chris McCormick wrote:
<snip>

> This has been sitting in my inbox for ages, sorry I never replied to it.
> My s-abstractions collection is just such a set of abstractions that you
> describe, with no external dependencies. Much of it was made by stealing
> Miller's help patches and turning them into nice little guis, and lots
> of other people's work too. I'm trying to bulk it up a bit at the moment
> with the great plate reverb that Anton Hornquist posted here a while
> back, and then I'm going to try and make a good, intuitive compressor
> after that. If you do a pitch shifter or harmonizer, please let me know
> so I can steal them for my collection, with your consent obviously! :)
>
> http://mccormick.cx/projects/s-abstractions
>
> After I get back to London next week I'm going to try and tidy the
> collection up a bit and get the latest version into pd-extended. I think
> the version that is in there at the moment is pretty outdated.

Thanks Chris. I was already aware of s-abstractions, and I think they're
fantastic. I didn't realise that they were pure Pd, so that's good to
know.

best,

Jamie

--
www.postlude.co.uk
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamiebullock

--
www.postlude.co.uk
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamiebullock

Birmingham City University is the new name unveiled for the former University of Central England in Birmingham
For more information about the name change go to http://www.bcu.ac.uk/namechange/official_announcement.html