[PD] Patch licensing was Re: 'pure' pd DSP abstractions wanted!

Jamie Bullock James.Bullock at bcu.ac.uk
Mon Oct 20 14:48:27 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 01:22 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
<snip>
> Actually any of the CC licenses are bad for software, and really in
> general, IMHO.  They are not compatible with the Debian Free Software
> Guidelines, and every single one has an really vague attribution
> clause that should be avoided.

OK, what software license would you recommend for someone who wants to
place the 'share alike' restriction on their Pd patch? The GPL is really
geared towards compiled languages, and a lot of the wording is
irrelevant in the context of a Pd patch IMO.

> If you want to know more, check out my essay Copyright Is For Copying
> in the new book:
>
> http://goto10.org/flossart/

Great! I just added it to my Amazon wishlist.

Jamie

--
www.postlude.co.uk
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamiebullock

--
www.postlude.co.uk
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamiebullock

Birmingham City University is the new name unveiled for the former University of Central England in Birmingham
For more information about the name change go to http://www.bcu.ac.uk/namechange/official_announcement.html