[PD] Scope of [block~] and [switch~]

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Mon Oct 20 17:14:30 CEST 2008

One small warning - the output of samplerate~ is confusing if there is
overlap - samplerate~ output goes up by the overlap factor, which is
arguably incorrect.  It needs replacing by a more comprehensive solution.

Also the default upsampling algorithm is incorrect - if you upsaple by
2, for instance, incoming signals get interleaved with zeros, which does
not result in a unity DC gain.  I've been fretting over whether this
should be changed (incompatibly!) to make it "correct' or just leave it wrong.

The throw~/catch~ 64-sample restriction is fixable.  It would be a much
bigger project to make them work across arbitrary changes of sample rate,
block size, and overlap.

cheers
Miller