[PD] block~ vs. freeverb~

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Mon Oct 20 20:52:28 CEST 2008

Try sending very large values to "roomsize", which would make longer
reverb tails, and very small or 0 value to "damping", which increases
decay time. My guess is that [freeverb~] calculates the decay time in
samples somehow, thus the very short reverb times at very fast sampling
rates. Alternately, move [freeverb~] out of the upsampled subptach, it's
probably eating tons of CPU by being there anyways. Try to concentrate
only the objects which might produce aliasing in you upsampled
section... oscillators, pretty much, although I don't know exactly what
you are doing with waveshaping so I can't tell if that could produce
aliasing as well. But anything else getting upsampled besides the
potentially aliasing objects and the filters used to anti-alias them is
really a huge waste of CPU.

best!
d.

--