[PD] pdp_v4l2 with MacBook Pro 4th iSight on Ubuntu (no success)

olsen sesselastronaut at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 21 23:19:03 CEST 2008

buenas
on the macbook penryn(4th generation?) i can't report a success so far -
running ubuntu hardy with luvcview the camera works. with pdp_v4l2
there's only a marsy green window flickering with the initialization of
the camera...
i compiled the pdp_v4l2 as mentioned on:
http://hangar.org/wikis/lab/doku.php?id=start:puredata_pdvjtools
output errors this:
VIDIOC_S_FMT error 22, Invalid argument
the format 1 message didn't change anything on the image
thanks for hints & greets
olsen

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Sergi and I just figured out how to use the macbook pro iSight camera
> with pdp_v4l2, so I thought I just post here how for the record:  By
> default the iSight with pdp_v4l2 seems to use MJPEG colorspace, so I
> was getting a "pdp_v4l2: unsupported color model" error.
>
> We sent the [format 1( to get the YUYV space, as reported in the Pd
> window, and it works!
>
> .hc

> ----
>
> I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
> during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
> for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
> Smedley Butler

Planet Pluto bleibt!