[PD] pure-pd default creation argument mechanism

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 22 15:05:50 CEST 2008

On Oct 22, 2008, at 5:50 AM, Damian Stewart wrote:

> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> ihaven't read your entire mail (due to lack of time), but how does
>> this
>> relate to the "empty creation argument" thread
>> (http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2008-10/065479.html)
>> and the solution i posted there?
>
> sir, you're genius. thank you.
>
> --
> damian stewart | skype: damiansnz | damian at frey.co.nz
> frey | live art with machines | http://www.frey.co.nz

There are already some abstractions for getting arguments, if you are
interested, but they don't include IOhannes' empty args hack yet.  I
use them quite a bit, they are definitely useful.  See any_argument,
float_argument, symbol_argument:

http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/
abstractions/purepd/

----

The arc of history bends towards justice.     - Dr. Martin Luther
King, Jr.