[PD] basic stats on a table?

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Fri Oct 24 18:34:17 CEST 2008

Hey,

The only way I can think of would be to put everything in a list and
going calcs on the list. Its much harder to write to a list in random
access. [route 0 1 2 3 4 ... n] where n could be 1000 with a matching
[pack 0 1 2 3 4 ... n]. Then The table has little purpose, as I'm using
the list as the main storage mechanism.

I would think calcs on a table would be faster than calcs on a list?

Maybe there should be some math objects that operate on tables?

Wait, there is that expr for tables right... hmmm...

Seems expr just works on individual table elements.

I dream that I could do math on anything in PD...

pix_expr, expr for tables, expr for lists, expr for everything.

Perhaps its time to get into gridflow...

Thanks,
.b.